Saturday, May 1, 2021

The New Yorker's Feature Article on UFOs

 

I was pleasantly surprised to hear on NPR's The New Yorker Radio Hour this morning that The New Yorker has published a feature length article on UFOs by Gideon Lewis-Kraus titled "How the Pentagon Started Taking U.F.O.s Seriously" (April 30, 2021).  Editor David Remnick begins the program by saying: "If you told me, when I took this job, that one day I would be publishing a long story about U.F.O.s, I would probably have guessed that we were talking about some sort of humor piece...."  Clearly the consensus on UFOs has shifted, especially in the month leading up to an expected report to Congress on the UFO phenomenon in June.  I might use Lewis-Kraus's article in my class for the Fall, though we are very likely to see a lot more useful publications this summer....  Stay tuned.  And watch the skies.

1 comment:

  1. Ezra Klein wrote a piece for The New York Times that struck a similar tone to the piece in The New Yorker:
    Even if You Think Discussing Aliens Is Ridiculous, Just Hear Me Out (May 13, 2021)

    ReplyDelete

UAP on 60 Minutes

  You know that a story is heating up when 60 Minutes gets into the act.